Delicious BBQ veggies
The great thing about this grilled summer veggie dish is that you can substitute any of the listed vegetables for whatever is in season that month! Michele Cooper says, "Every time we have company they ask for it!"
- A handful of whole asparagus
- 2 small white onions or a handful of whole green onions
- 6 whole mushrooms
You can add basically any vegetable that you desire:
- 1 chopped and seeded green bell pepper
- 1 chopped and seeded red bell pepper
- 1 chopped and seeded yellow bell pepper
- 1 zucchini cut in 1 inch strips lengthwise
- 1 pound eggplant cut in 1-inch rounds
- A handful of leaks
- 1 cup olive oil
- A pinch of garlic salt
- 1 clove of fresh minced garlic
- Wisk together olive oil, garlic salt and minced garlic in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour marinade over vegetables and toss them in a larger mixing bowl.
- Let veggies marinate for at least an hour.
- Place them on the barbecue and grill for at least 5 minutes per side, or until they reach desired tenderness.
- Add more garlic salt to taste.
- Serve over corkscrew pasta or rice.
Submitted by Michele Cooper
Nothing goes better with grilled vegetables than BBQ steaks