A tropical treat
- 1 lb large scallops
- 1 lb large shrimps
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 cups halved mushrooms
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Wisk lime juice, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, minced garlic and salt and pepper in a bowl, then set aside.
- Dice green pepper, red onion and mango into 1-inch cubes.
- Using a paper towel, press excess water out of shrimps and scallops.
- Spray skewers with cooking spray.
- Thread 1 scallop and 1 shrimp, 1 mushroom, 1 section of green pepper, onion and mango lengthwise onto a skewer.
- Brush sauce mixture generously over each kabob.
- Grill for 5 minutes per side.
- Brushing with additional sauce as required.
- Serve over rice, couscous, pasta or mixed greens.
* Serves 6-8
Try these delicious Kabobs with fresh Grilled Portabella Mushrooms